Smoking and Foaming Pumpkin
Get ready for Halloween with this spooktacular #WhatsInMyTray demonstration.
You will need…
- One or two cups of dry ice https://www.dryicesupply.co.uk/
- One cup of warm water (optional)
- One cup of warm water and washing up liquid solution (70:30 water to washing up liquid) (optional)
- A carved pumpkin (see Pumpkin Carving instruction and images here )
What to do…
- Lift off the lid and add one or two cups of dry ice to your carved pumpkin. Replace the lid and watch the spooky fog gently pour out of the pumpkin’s mouth.
- Once the fog clears, you can also try adding a cup of dry ice followed by a cup of warm washing up liquid solution. Fog and foam will come pouring out of the pumpkins mouth, nose and eyes!
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children. Take particular care when working with dry ice; this should only be handled by an adult and should only be handled while wearing gloves. Please research safe usage, storage and disposal of dry ice before purchasing and planning to use in lessons or demonstrations.