Sand and Water Tray Play
Looking for an easy to prepare and quick to set up activity for a play time session? This sand and water play #WhatsInMyTray activity is perfect!
You will need…
- Two Deep (F2) Gratnells trays
- EDX Maths manipulatives
- Ocean or land animal figurines or small toys
What to do…
- Take two Deep (F2) Gratnells trays and set them on the floor or a classroom table
- Fill one of the two trays with water
- Fill the second of the two trays with playing sand
- Add some different manipulatives to each tray that the children can play with
- It’s a good activity for the afternoon or a wet play or lunch time
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.