Roald Dahl Book Title Word Hunt
In celebration of #WorldBookDay and #RoaldDahlDay, we’ve created this book title word hunt that allows the children to select a Roald Dahl book from one tray, and then hunt for the different words that make up the book title from another tray.
You will need…
- Two Deep (F2) Gratnells trays
- Some shredded tissue paper
- A selection of popular Roald Dahl books
- Laminated words that make up the titles of the popular Roald Dahl books
What to do…
- Fill both trays with some shredded tissue paper
- Laminate different words that make up the different titles of the selected Roald Dahl books
- Hide the selected books in the first tray and mix them in with the shredded paper
- In the second tray, bury and hide the different laminated words
- Have the children select a book from the first tray and set it in front of them
- They should then proceed to hunt through the second tray for the different words that make up the book title of the story they’ve selected
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.