Prep room services
Safety and security concerns are just as important in the prep room as they are in the ccience lab. Prep rooms require:
- Master controls (emergency shut-offs) for gas, electricity and water; plus zoned controls for isolation and maintenance.
- Colour-coded pipes, with direction of flowclearly marked.
- ICT: Internet/intranet access, with a telephone connected to the school telecommunications system.
Fire, Health & Safety
As with the science lab, prep rooms require:
- Noise, fire, smoke and fumes to be contained
- Fire extinguishers (CO2 – not water based and preferably not powder) and fire blankets.
- First aid kits.
- Emergency eyewash.
- Emergency alarms points in the prep room, or close to it.
- Telephones, to reduce the safety risks of working alone.