This is a great idea for a #WhatsInMyTray using household items and craft materials. The finished colourful necklaces make great gifts for family members or are a great way to decorate your classroom.
You will need…
- One Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray
- Some uncooked penne pasta
- Different coloured paints
- A Gratnells mini tray (or small pot or paper plate)
What to do…
- Fill a Shallow (F1) tray with penne pasta
- Add colour to your dried pasta however you choose – we hand painted ours but you could also squirt some paint into a sandwich bag with some pasta and swirl it around until it’s all covered
- Leave your painted pasta in the tray overnight until it is dried
- Piece by piece, feed the pasta onto the string to create your pasta jewellery!
This is a simple way to keep little hands occupied which keeping the mess inside a single tray. Get creative and don’t forget to share your pictures using the #WhatsInMyTray hashtag.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.