Painted Blossom Trees
To celebrate Chinese New Year, we completed some brilliant #WhatsInMyTray activities that we think you’ll love. Print your own beautiful blossom trees to use for cards or artwork using empty drinks bottles. This can be explored all year round and is a great activity for welcoming the Spring and Summer months.
You will need…
- 1x shallow F1 Gratnells tray
- A4 paper printed with tree branches
- Pale pink paint – mix fuschia and white if necessary
- Empty drinks bottles
What to do…
- Print some branch images/graphics onto A4 paper and place inside a shallow F1 Gratnells tray. This will help to minimise mess if any paint is dripped or spilt.
- Mix some paint to make a pale pink shade that matches the colour of the flowers on a blossom tree. We mixed some fuschia pink with while to make ours.
- To print your flowers onto your tree, grab an empty drinks bottle (soda works best) and dip into your paint mix. Press the bottom of the bottle close to the tree branches to make up lots of little blossoms.
- Your beautiful artwork can be used for posters or cards.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.