Build a snowman and watch it melt, all from the comfort of your classroom.
You will need…
- Two F1 Gratnells trays
- Gratnells insert to organise resources (buttons, googly eyes, tinsel, pipe cleaners, etc.)
- Coloured paper
- White paint
- Googly eyes
- Buttons (ours are from EDX Education)
What to do…
- Squirt two blobs of white paint onto a piece of paper in a tray
- Use straws to blow the paint out and make it look like melted snow
- Decorate your snowman with googly eyes and buttons, or give it a nose and scarf
- Be sure to hold your painting up so that the paint begins to move and your snowman looks even more melted!
- As there is a lot of paint on the paper, these pieces may take longer than usual to dry. Make sure you leave them to try on a flat surface, rather than upright, to avoid paint dripping.
As always, art projects in Gratnells trays minimise mess and give each child or small group a smaller, more personal work station.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.