Maths bauble fishing
Make mathematics fun this festive season and incorporate fishing into your lessons. No matter the ability of the students, this bauble fishing activity lets the class create their own sums and once they’ve figured out the answer, fish out the numbers to make up their answer.
You will need…
- Two F25 Gratnells Trays
- One F1 Gratnells Tray
- One foam insert (optional)
- An assortment of baubles
- Permanent marker
- Fishing net
What to do…
- Write different numbers and maths symbols onto your baubles with a permanent marker
- Fill two F25 Gratnells trays with water, and drop your numbered baubles into one tray, and your maths symbols into the other. You may want to include multiple different numbers and symbols
- Dependent on the ability of your class, have the students select a number ball, then an action, then another number ball and then locate the equals bauble
- They should then work out the sum, before fishing back into the number baubles tray to locate the matching baubles to their answer.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.