Marvelous marble painting
Looking for a fun #WhatsInMyTray activity to help welcome the children back into the classroom? Give our marvelous marble painting a try!
You will be able to:
- create an abstract and artistic picture
You will need (per group)
- 1x Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray
- Gratnells mini trays (or small pots or paper plates)
- White A4 paper
- Different coloured paints
What to do:
- First, place A4 sheet of paper in the Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray.
- Split some marbles into a few different mini trays and squirt in some paint.
- Swirl the marbles in the mini tray so they are covered with paint and drop them onto the paper in the bigger tray.
- Repeat with different coloured paints and more marbles.
- Once you have a few different colours and multiple marbles, shake the marbles in the big tray to create some abstract artwork.
Other things to try…
- Use the artwork as a background for a different painting.
- Use lighter pastel paint colours.
- Share photographs of your art creations on social media using #WhatsInMyTray.
EYFS– Development Matters-Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials- To provide a wide range of materials, resources and sensory experiences to enable children to explore colour, texture and space.
Year 1- Primary National Curriculum- Art- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.