Use the equipment listed to make a marble maze in the bottom of a shallow Gratnells tray.
You will need…
– Washi tape in different colours
– Thick multicoloured art straws
– Shallow Gratnells tray or a Gratnells A3 or art tray if you would like to make a bigger maze!
– Printed start and finish labels
– Blue or white sticky tack
– Stopwatch (optional)
What to do…
– Make a maze from the art straws and washi tape using the video and layout provided here to guide you.
– Secure the start and finish labels at the start and finish respectively using sticky tack.
– Place your marble at the start then lift and tilt the tray to guide your marble through the maze to the finish.
Other things to try…
Challenge your friends to have a go, time each other with the stopwatch to see who can complete the maze in the fastest time.
Create and build your own maze design.
Make even bigger or more complex mazes using a larger Gratnells A3 or art tray.
It may help to draw out your maze design on paper or using a computer before translating with straws and tape in the tray.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.