As Autumn draws to close and we start preparing for the Winter weather, it’s time to make the most of those crunchy fallen leaves. Follow the steps and create some stunning Autumn artwork.
What you need…
- Two Shallow (F1) Gratnells trays
- A4 paper
- Autumn leaves
- Four mini trays (or small pots)
- Coloured paint
What to do…
- Head outside and pick some lovely Autumn leaves that have fallen from the trees. You can easily collect these in a Shallow Gratnells tray.
- Once you’re back inside, lay out two Gratnells trays. Select your favourite leaves and a place them in one of the trays. In the other, place a piece of A4.
- Squirt some blobs of coloured paint into some mini trays (or small pots)
- Paint the back of your leaves and press them gently onto a piece of paper. Apply a little pressure to ensure the leaves print clearly.
- Multiple printed leaves create the perfect Autumnal art piece or a lovely leafy scene.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s in my tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.