Heart Printing with Cardboard Tubes
Creating Valentines cards and letters with your class? These easy to make heart shaped stamps are the perfect way to decorate your artwork and Gratnells trays help you keep your equipment organised and minimise mess.
You will need…
- 2 F1 Gratnells trays
- 1 2×2 Gratnells insert
- Red paint
- Cardboard tubes (toilet roll/kitchen roll)
- Masking tape
What to do…
- Take an old toilet roll or kitchen roll tube and push the top inwards half way to create a heart shape to your tube.
- Use a piece of masking tape to fix the heart in shape.
- Take a Gratnells tray and place a piece of paper in it.
- Fill one section of a Gratnells insert with some paint and dip the end of the tube into the paint.
- Dab the tube onto the piece of paper to reveal printed hearts!
- If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some glitter onto the wet paint hearts. Tap the loose glitter into the tray. This contains the mess and the glitter can easily be disposed of or reused.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.