Hand-Painted Snowman Baubles
Get crafty with your class this festive season and hand paint some baubles! They make perfect personal gifts for friends and family of the children, or are a great way to decorate your classroom with cute keepsakes. We made snowmen but, for a challenge, you could try Santa Claus and his reindeer.
You will need…
- Two Shallow (F1) Gratnells Trays – one with a 2×2 inserts for organising equipment and isolating paint
- A range of baubles – large enough for the children to print their hands on to
- White paint
- Felt tip pens
- Pom poms
- Black felt
- PVA glue
- Optional for Santa Claus or reindeer:
- Red paint
- Red felt
- Cotton wool
- Googly eyes
- Brown paint
- Red pom poms
- Cardboard antlers
What to do…
- Separate all materials into different sections of a Gratnells insert and fill another tray with the different baubles
- Cut some snowman hats out of felt and set them into the insert
- Select a bauble and set it aside
- Dip your hand into the section with white paint and place around the bauble allowing the paint to transfer. Ensure your fingers are widely spread as you’ll be making them into snowmen soon!
- Sprinkle some glitter over the went paint and hang to dry
- Once the paint is dry, decorate your snowmen adding faces, hats and scarves
- Once again, hang the baubles to dry and when they’re set, you can hang them on your tree!
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.