Finding a Quarter
Are you learning about fractions? Try this simple What’s in my tray? activity to find quarters of objects.
- Maths (KS1)
- Fractions of objects
- Simple to create at home
What to do:
- Find a selection of objects
- Get four containers and label them with 1/4 as pictured above.
- To find a quarter, simply share the objects one by one into each of the containers.
- When there are no objects left, count how many are in each container.
- Each container should have the same number of objects if they have been shared equally.
- One container is equal to one quarter (1/4).
- In our picture above, 1/4 of 28 is equal to 7. There were 28 objects in total and then in each container there were 7 objects.
- Can you find quarters of different objects in your home?