Making Shapes with Rainbow Pebbles
Our friends at Edx education sent us their Rainbow Pebbles and they make for a fantastic #WhatsInMyTray. All of the pebble shapes are the right size to be made within a Gratnells tray and it makes for very easy tidying up!
You will need…
- A range of Shallow (F1) Gratnells trays
- EDX Education Rainbow Pebbles
- Gratnells inserts for organising and arranging your pebbles
What to do…
- When you first get your rainbow pebbles, we recommend organising them into Gratnells trays and inserts, grouping them by colour or size. This encourages tidiness, but also makes the selection process much easier when it comes to finding the pebbles you need for each shape or stack.
- Select an activity card from the pack of pebbles and select the required pebbles from the organised tray and place into a separate tray. This then becomes an individual workstation.
- Make the shape/structure within the Gratnells tray. This helps to make tidying away much easier, but also provides an even surface for the structure to be built on. This will also allow you to easily catch the pebbles if your structure falls.
Why you should use a Gratnells tray
First and foremost, a Gratnells tray is the perfect place to store all of our pebbles in the classroom or at home and will be even better organised with dividers or an insert. Making the shapes and stacks in a Gratnells tray keeps all of the individual pieces in one place and allows each child to have their own workstation that they can own. This will also help when it comes to tidying up time as each child is responsible for putting away their own tray and its contents.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.