DIY 3D String Egg Shells
Get crafty this Easter with this fun and colourful #WhatsInMyTray activity. Make these interesting string eggs using some PVA glue, balloons & wool and fill them with treats. They’d make a lovely Easter gift!
You will need…
- Two Gratnells F1 trays
- Two 4×4 Gratnells inserts
- PVA Glue
- Small eggs, treats, tiny toys
What to do…
- Pour some PVA glue into a Gratnells insert and mix with some water until combined.
- Cut multiple lengths of string and soak in the PVA mixture.
- Open the neck of the balloon as wide as you can and pop the treats inside. This might require two pairs of hands.
- Blow up the balloon into a small, egg shape and tie in a knot.
- Take each piece of string and wrap it around the balloon until it’s covered. Be sure to leave some small gaps from removing the balloon when the shell is solidified.
- Place the wet ballon into your second Gratnells tray and insert to dry. This can take around 24 hours.
- Once the string has dried and solidified around the balloon, take a pair of scissors and pierce the balloon inside. Cut an opening in the balloon large enough for the treats inside to come out, and then pull the balloon through one of the gaps in the string shell.
- You now have lovely art work, the perfect Easter gift or even a small musical instrument!
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray Activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment and health & safety measurements prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.