Practice sorting and classifying with this simple #WhatsInMyTray activity that is easy to organise and makes use of items found in and around the classroom. This will also help with familiarity and recognition of different colours.
You will need:
- 1 x Shallow Gratnells (F1) tray
- 1 x sheet of rainbow paper (or multiple smaller pieces of coloured paper)
- Different items around the classroom that are the same colour as the paper in the tray.
- Fix coloured paper inside the bottom of the tray.
What to do:
- Walk around the classroom selecting various objects that match the colour of the paper in the tray. These can be collected in a different tray, or in the one with the paper
- Spend some time sorting and classifying the items found based on their colour.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray Activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities or demonstrations.