Christmas Tree Marble Maze
A fabulously festive #WhatsInMyTray #STEM task for early secondary students. Challenge the students to create a Christmas Tree shaped maze in a tray that can be completed with a marble or pom pom.
You will need:
- 1 x Shallow Gratnells (F1) tray
- 1 x Gratnells insert for organisation (optional)
- Pipe cleaners
- Jumbo art straws
- Sticky tape
- Festive decorations
- Pom poms
- Organise all resources into a Shallow Gratnells tray, using an insert if required
- If desired, printable maze patterns can be found and printed from the internet
What to do:
- Using the materials provided, make a Christmas Tree shaped maze that can be completed with a marble or pom pom. It can be as easy or complicated as the students would like.
Other things to try…
- The addition of obstacles being placed around the tree maze could add an extra element to both planning and completion of the maze activity – these could be baubles or tinsel
- Test the different mazes by the class and see how long each takes to complete or which student can complete the maze in the shortest time.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray Activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities or demonstrations.