Christmas Tree Ball Toss
This Christmas Tree Ball Toss #WhatsInMyTray is a great activity to help your class with their hand-eye coordination skills and have fun while they do it.
You will need…
- 3 deep (F3) Gratnells trays
- Large piece of cardboard (for the tree, star and baubles)
- Green and red paint
- Glitter (to decorate the star and baubles)
- Candy canes
- Shallow (F1) tray full of balls and beanbags
What to do…
- Cut a large Christmas tree out of cardboard and decorate it. You must ensure it’s big enough to cover three deep Gratnells trays.
- Cut circle holes in your tree; some big enough for balls to be thrown into, and some that are too small. This will help the children to identify the right holes to target.
- Secure your tree to the tops of your trays and so that the holes are over the empty trays. Let the paint and decorations dry in place.
- Line up and take it in turns to throw a ball or beanbag into the Christmas tree targets.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.