Get creative with 2D and 3D shapes and decorate your Christmas tree using Edx Education resources you may already have in your classroom.
You will be able to:
- Create your own 2D and 3D Christmas decorations using a Skeletal Geo Set.
You will need:
- 1 x Shallow (F1) Gratnells Tray
- 1 x 4-Section Gratnells tray insert
- 1 x Edx Education Skeletal Geo Set
- 1 x Christmas tree
- 1 x Ball of string
What to do:
- Organise the Skeletal Geo Set into the 4-section tray insert inside the shallow tray.
- Use the Skeletal Geo Set to create a variety of 2D and 3D. You can use the cards within the pack for extra support and ideas.
- Once you have made the shapes, attach a loop of string to each one.
- Hang the shapes from your class or school Christmas tree
- Take photographs to capture your work during the creation stage and of the finished decorated tree.
Other things to try…
- Can you make a star for the top of the tree?
- Link with maths learning by making different 3D shapes. Describe the properties of the shapes.
- Share photographs of your Christmas maths fun on social media using #WhatsInMyTray.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities or demonstrations.