Broken Heart Letter Match
This colourful #ValentinesDay inspired #WhatsInMyTray will help your class to practice their uppercase and lowercase letters.
You will need…
- One F1 Gratnells tray
- One F2 Gratnells tray
- Shredded paper
- Coloured card
- White paper
- Felt pens
What to do…
- Cut some hearts out of coloured card and snip them in half. On one half of the heart, write a letter in uppercase. On the other half, write the same letter in lowercase.
- Fill an F2 Gratnells tray with shredded paper. Pop the halved hearts into the tray and hide them within the paper.
- Draw around the coloured hearts onto a plain piece of paper and place in an F1 Gratnells tray.
- Pull an uppercase letter from the tray and place it into one half of the heart shape in the shallow tray. Hunt through the shredded paper to find the matching letter in lowercase and place it
- next to it’s uppercase letter.
- Take it in turns to find matched letters and place them into the F1 tray. You can work with a few letters at a time or challenge the class to experiment with the whole alphabet.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells What’s In My Tray activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any activities with children.