Create your very own bonfire artwork using some old cardboard, some paint, pipe cleaners and, of course, a couple of Gratnells trays!
What to do
- Make sure you have two Gratnells trays handy for this activity. Pop a piece of paper into one, and in the other, squirt some blobs of orange and yellow paint ready to start painting.
- Tear up some old pieces of cardboard to create the wood logs for the base of your bonfire. Glue them to your piece of paper to get started.
- Add some sparkle to your bonfire with gold pipe cleaners. Glue these on top of your cardboard logs.
- Swirl your hands in the different coloured paints and create a series of handprints above your bonfire base to make the flames.
- You could add extra pipe cleaners into the bonfire flames, or even sprinkle some glitter for added sparkle!
Using a Gratnells tray for arts & crafts activities allows you to minimise mess and make tidying up much easier. They trays also make for great individual workstations or separate working environments for smaller groups.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s in my tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.