Get crafty with some old toilet paper tubes, some poster paints and, of course, your Gratnells tray. Create colourful firework paintings in the classroom or at home and keep your workstations tidy.
You will need…
- One Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray
- Different coloured paints
- Recycled toilet roll tubes
- A4 paper
What to do…
- Squirt some blobs of paint into a shallow Gratnells tray
- Cut some slits a third of the way down some toilet roll tubes and fan them outwards
- Press the fanned end of the toilet roll tube into the paint ensuring that all of the strips are covered
- Press it down onto the paper to create your fireworks. Try using different coloured paint to make a full firework display.
Using a Gratnells tray for craft activities minimises mess and creates smaller workstations for an individual or a small group of children.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s in my tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.