Bird Bath and Feeding Station
Gratnells trays make for the perfect bird bath and feeding station for the birds in and around your school.
You will need…
- One Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray
- Gratnells mini trays
- Bird seed
What to do…
- Head outside with your trays and mini trays and find a suitable location for your bird bath and feeding station
- Create a handing cradle with some string that can hold a Gratnells mini tray. Fill it with a little bit of bird seed and hang from the tree branches
- Place the Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray on the floor and scatted with pebbles
- Pour enough water over the pebbles that they’re completely covered and submerged in the water. Don’t fill the tray too much as you want the birds to feel confident landing in the water and staying for a drink or bath
- You could spend some time watching the different birds that stop by. Try to identify them based on their individual characteristics.
- You could record which birds enjoy which type of food the most and if they stop for a drink or bath.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.