Alphabet salt trays
These salt trays are the perfect way to practice handwriting and basic letter formation.
You will need:
- 1 x Shallow Gratnells (F1) tray
- Rainbow paper – printed and fixed to the bottom of the tray
- Letter cards or beanbags
- Print and laminate a sheet of rainbow paper
- Fix to the bottom of the tray using blue tac or sticky tape.
What to do:
- Once the rainbow paper is fixed to the bottom of the tray, pour the salt on top and spread out to fill the bottom of the tray
- Select a letter card or beanbag
- Write the letters in the salt using fingers – once practiced and perfected, move onto the next letter.
Other things to try……
- Once confident with single letters, try practicing words.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray Activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities or demonstrations.